July 2, 2020
The featured Pokémon for July Community Day is Gastly!
Which Pokémon has a body that is mostly made of gas? It’s Gastly, the runner-up in our recent Community Day poll and July’s featured Community Day Pokémon! Read on for more details about the upcoming Community Day event.
Date + Time
Sunday, July 19, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Gastly will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Gastly.
- Evolve Haunter (the evolved form of Gastly) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Gengar that knows Shadow Punch.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase July Community Day Box, featuring 30 Ultra Balls, an Elite Fast TM, two Incense, and two Super Incubators.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Community Day–exclusive Special Research story: The Great Gastly! Follow Professor Willow as he investigates some spooky happenings in his mobile lab!
Stay tuned for when tickets for the The Great Gastly Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- Eggs will require 1/4 Hatch Distance when placed in Incubators during the event period. Please note that this bonus will not stack with other active Hatch Distance bonuses.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
Ready your scary faces for July Community Day! Let’s GO, Gastly fans! Also, make sure to turn on Adventure Sync to take advantage of the 1/4 Hatch Distance bonus on Gastly Community Day.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team