June 9, 2020
The featured Pokémon for June Community Day is Weedle!
Thank you for all your efforts campaigning and voting for the Pokémon you want featured for June and July Community Day events. We are pleased to announce that Weedle, the Hairy Bug Pokémon, will be the featured Pokémon in June and that the Gas Pokémon Gastly will be featured in July! Read on for more details about June Community Day, and stay tuned for more info on July Community Day.
Date + Time
Saturday, June 20, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Weedle will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Weedle.
- Evolve Kakuna (the evolved form of Weedle) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Beedrill that knows Drill Run.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase June Community Day bundle, featuring an Elite Charged TM, 30 Ultra Balls, 3 Star Pieces, and 3 Incense.
- 3× Catch Stardust
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Buddy Pokémon with a Buddy Level of Great Buddy or higher will bring you helpful items, such as Poké Balls, throughout the event. Check out this help center article to learn how to become Great Buddies with your buddy.
There will not be a livestream during June Community Day. We’d like to thank all of the Trainers who tuned in to our first-ever Community Day livestream. We made a ton of memories, had a lot of fun, and caught a lot of Seedot—and we hope you did, too!
With all of that said...who’s ready for Weedle Community Day? Let’s GO, Hairy Bug Pokémon fans!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
*Subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service.