What do Water-, Fire-, Grass-, Psychic-, Bug-, and Ground-type Pokémon all have in common? They’ll all be featured in our first-ever Incense Day event! For the first time ever, Incense will attract certain Pokémon of certain types during specific time periods. Regardless of the time though, all Incense will attract Sentret during the event. Who knows—you might encounter a Shiny one!
We’re continuing to prioritize Pokémon GO experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings. Incense will last for one hour until further notice, so be sure to activate one during the event to experience the Type Shuffle!
Date + Time
Sunday, April 19, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Incense will attract more Sentret for the duration of the event!
- An event-exclusive 1 PokéCoin bundle featuring three Incense will be available to pick up in the shop.
- In addition to Sentret, Pokémon of different types will be attracted by Incense. The type of Pokémon attracted by Incense will shuffle every hour.
- From 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Water-type Pokémon—like Poliwag, Tentacool, and Spheal—will be splish-splashing their way to your Incense! If you’re incredibly lucky, Clamperl might swim by!
- From 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Fire-type Pokémon—like Growlithe, Ponyta, and Houndour—will be burning to find your Incense! If you’re incredibly lucky, Litwick might make a blazing appearance!
- From 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Grass-type Pokémon—like Oddish, Roselia, and Lileep—will be leaf-surely making their way toward your Incense! If you’re incredibly lucky, Ferroseed might plant itself near you!
- From 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Psychic-type Pokémon—like Slowpoke, Baltoy, and Bronzor—will be appearing in your future. If you’re incredibly lucky, Gothita might pay you a visit!
- From 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Bug-type Pokémon—like Caterpie, Ledyba, and Skorupi—will be crawling their way toward your Incense! If you’re incredibly lucky, Joltik might make a shocking appearance!
- From 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Ground-type Pokémon—like Wooper, Barboach, and Hippopotas—will be digging their way toward you. If you’re lucky, Drilbur might make a quaking entrance near you!
Please be aware of your surroundings when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team