Celebrate the new year with Pokémon GO!
Happy 2020 from Slowpoke! Wait, no—it’ll be 2021 in just a few days. Turns out Slowpoke is late to the game as always. For this year’s New Year’s event, you can expect new costumed Pokémon (like a Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses) and new avatar items, as well as the return of some familiar Pokémon wearing party hats.
Date + Time
Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. to Monday, January 4, 2021, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Some Pokémon will be wearing festive costumes to celebrate the new year with us!
- Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses will be appearing in the wild, appearing after you complete Field Research tasks, appearing in raids, and hatching from 2 km Eggs.
- Evolve Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses to get a Slowbro wearing 2021 glasses!
- Pichu wearing a New Year’s hat will be hatching from 2 km Eggs
- Pikachu wearing a New Year’s hat will be appearing in the wild and after you complete Field Research tasks. You can also get one by evolving a Pichu wearing a New Year’s hat.
- Evolve Pikachu wearing a New Year’s hat to get a Raichu wearing a New Year’s hat!
- Wynaut will be hatching from 2 km Eggs. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Wynaut!
- Raticate, Wobbuffet, and Wurmple wearing party hats will be appearing in one-star raids. Klink and Espurr will be joining them as well.
- Eevee wearing a party hat will be available as a Field Research reward encounter.
- Dress up for 2021! Beginning on Wednesday, December 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), the 2021 Glasses and the New Year’s Party Hat avatar items will be available in the in-app shop.
- Boxes will contain different items during the event! Check out the shop for more details.
- 2× Hatch Candy
- 2× Hatch Stardust
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during this time
The new year is just around the corner! We’ll see you all in 2021!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team