Regirock, Regice, and Registeel are reuniting and returning to raids! If you haven’t caught all of them yet, this is the perfect chance to fill your Pokédex. You can also find Pokémon to counter them in the wild and in Eggs to help build a formidable team to take on these forces of nature.
Regigigas, the Colossal Pokémon, will be appearing in EX Raids, starting in November. If you purchase a ticket, you can get the chance to encounter Regigigas earlier through a special event that will feature Regigigas’s first-ever appearance in Pokémon GO!
Regirock, Regice, and Registeel reunite and return to raids!
Date + Time
- From Friday, November 1, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 4, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST
- Regirock, Regice, and Registeel will be available to encounter in five-star raids.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Geodude, Magnemite, Swinub, Aron, and Spheal.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching more often from Eggs: Aerodactyl, Shuckle, Sneasel, Skarmory, Snorunt, and Beldum.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Skarmory, Shiny Regirock, Shiny Regice, or Shiny Registeel!
- 2× Incubator effectiveness
A Colossal Discovery—a Special Research story event
A Colossal Discovery introduces a Pokémon originally from the Sinnoh region that’s closely related to Regirock, Regice, and Registeel—Regigigas! You can purchase a ticket to gain access to a unique limited-time experience where you’ll be challenged with a variety of tasks to earn an encounter with the Colossal Pokémon before it debuts in EX Raids later in November. This event does not have a set location—if you have a ticket, you can take part wherever you can play Pokémon GO.
Date + Time
- This Special Research story event will be available on Saturday, November 2, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in your local time zone with a ticket purchase.
A ticket to this Special Research story event will grant you access to a unique experience for you to play through during the specified time period! Access to this event comes with the following.
- A new Special Research story event, featuring an early-access encounter with Regigigas, appearing in Pokémon GO for the very first time!!
- A Colossal Discovery medal
- Up to 10 additional Raid Passes at no cost during the Special Research story event time period when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.
- A Unova Stone, a Sinnoh Stone, and an exclusive avatar pose (see below!) from conducting the Special Research
- To receive the Special Research titled A Colossal Discovery, you must open Pokémon GO during the event on Saturday, November 2, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in your local time zone. After you have collected it, you can complete the Special Research at any point.
- The ticket is US$7.99 (or the equivalent in your local currency) and can be purchased directly from the shop. The ticket cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.
- Tickets can be purchased from when they go live until Saturday, November 2, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. in your local time zone. Stay tuned for when they go live!
- The ticket to this Special Research story event is nonrefundable. (Subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service)
How to purchase a ticket and access the Special Research
Tickets to the Special Research story event, A Colossal Discovery, are now available in the in-app shop!
- Tap on the Learn More button in the shop.
- Tap on the Purchase button.
- You will then receive a pop-up indicating that you have received a ticket for A Colossal Discovery. Once you click OK, the ticket will appear in your Item Bag.
- Before the event, you will receive a medal. When the event begins and you open the app during the event time, you’ll receive access to the Special Research titled A Colossal Discovery.
Once you receive the Special Research on November 2, you will be able to finish it at a later time if you don’t complete it by the end of the event. However, for an optimal gameplay experience, we recommend trying your best to complete the research on Saturday, November 2, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in your local time zone. Don’t worry, Trainers—if you’re unable to participate in this colossal event, you can look forward to Regigigas coming to EX Raids next month!
Our new in-game event-ticketing system combined with the location-based gameplay that we’re known for has opened the door to new ways of creating innovative and fun experiences for players worldwide. Plan accordingly to take down Regirock, Regice, and Registeel in five-star raids, as you’ll need to catch them to help complete your Special Research! Gather fellow Trainers and be prepared to take on a lot of Raid Battles in order to complete the Special Research.
Have questions? Please see our FAQ page on the help center for more information on this new, exciting Special Research story event.
As you dive into your adventures, remember to be respectful of your surroundings and of others nearby. Get ready for an exciting weekend of raids in November! Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team