Sometimes the best adventure is a slow one. In the upcoming A Very Slow Discovery event, you’ll be able to take inspiration from the very same Pokémon that inspired us: Slowpoke. A Very Slow Discovery will feature Slowpoke, Galarian Slowpoke, Mega Slowbro, and Galarian Slowbro! Some of the other Pokémon appearing during this event are quite slow and active as well.
Date + Time
Tuesday, June 8, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, June 13, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Galarian Slowpoke will be making its Pokémon GO debut! You can evolve it into Galarian Slowbro by catching 30 Poison-type Pokémon when it’s your buddy. We’ve heard reports that Galarian Slowking is taking its time to make its Pokémon GO appearance. You could even say its arrival might be quite...slow.
- Mega Slowbro will make its Pokémon GO debut in Mega Raids! Keep an eye out for event-exclusive Field Research tasks that’ll reward Slowbro Mega Energy.
- Slowpoke, Slakoth, Gulpin, Spoink, and more will be appearing more often in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Slowbro or Vigoroth!
- Galarian Slowpoke, Alolan Grimer, Shellder, Shinx, and Timburr will be appearing in one-star raids. Snorlax, Slowking, Slaking, and Toxicroak will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Collect event-exclusive Field Research that’ll challenge you to complete difficult tasks for some very slow rewards.
- Complete a Slowpoke-themed Collection Challenge during the event to get the exclusive Slowpoke Forever Shirt avatar item, 30 Ultra Balls, and 3,000 XP.
- Pick up other Slowpoke-inspired avatar items in the shop!
- Spin PokéStops and open Gifts to collect new Slowpoke-themed Gift stickers to send to your friends.
- Be sure to pick up an event-exclusive free box in the shop that’ll contain 20 Poké Balls, 10 Great Balls, and a King’s Rock.
A nice, meandering walk where you really take in your surroundings can be a nice contrast to the hustle and bustle of daily life. Be sure to share your slow but active adventures with us with #PokemonGO. Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team