Bidoof will be breaking out, and Shiny Bidoof is coming—BIDOOF!
Bidoof are coming. We have no idea where they’re coming from or what their aim is, but during the Bidoof Breakout event starting Friday, June 25, 2021, Bidoof will be appearing more often in the wild, they might know attacks they can’t normally learn, and Shiny Bidoof will be making its Pokémon GO debut! How many Bidoof will you catch? When will it end? Read on for more details. Good luck—you’re going to need it.
Date + Time
Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, July 1, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Bidoof will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in encounters after you complete event-exclusive Field Research! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Bidoof! Our preliminary research suggests that the rate at which Bidoof will be appearing in the wild will increase over the course of the event.
- On certain days of the event, Bidoof you encounter will know attacks that they normally cannot learn. On Thursday, July 1, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, you can use a Charged TM to teach Bidoof any of these attacks. After the event, you can use an Elite Charged TM to do the same. During each of the times listed below, you can encounter Bidoof that know the following attacks.
- Shadow Ball: From Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 26, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Thunderbolt: From Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Ice Beam: From Tuesday, June 29, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Evolve Bidoof anytime during the event to get a Bibarel that knows Hyper Beam.
- Team GO Rocket has plans to cash in on the Bidoof Breakout and have turned more Bidoof into Shadow Pokémon, so get out there and save those Bidoof!
- You’ll be able to get Bidoof Gift stickers from spinning PokéStops and opening Gifts.
On certain days throughout the week, different in-game bonuses will be available!
- 2× Catch XP: From Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 26, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 3× Catch XP: From Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 4× Catch XP: From Tuesday, June 29, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
Keep an eye out for more details on what’s to come Bidoof-wise on Monday, June 28, 2021! Ready or not, the Bidoof are coming. It’s an inevitable fact—an indomitable truth, even—and we must prepare. Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team