Charge up your batteries, and get ready to roll—Electric-type Pokémon will soon have their moment in the spotlight with the first-ever Charge Up event! Similar to previous events like Psychic Spectacular and Bug Out!, this event will focus on catching, evolving, and powering up Pokémon of a single type. This time, it’s Electric!
Date + Time
Tuesday, March 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, March 22, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Electric-type Pokémon—including Alolan Geodude, Voltorb, Electrike, Stunfisk, and more—will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Also keep an eye out for Tynamo, which will be making its Pokémon GO debut!
- The following Electric-type Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Pichu, Elekid, Electrike, Shinx, Joltik, Tynamo, and Stunfisk.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will reward Poké Balls, Ampharos Mega Energy, Manectric Mega Energy, encounters with Electric-type Pokémon, and more.
- Timed Research focused on evolving and powering up Electric-type Pokémon will be available!
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Voltorb, Shinx, Blitzle, Klink, and Tynamo will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Alolan Raichu, Alolan Graveler, Magneton, and Ampharos will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Therian Forme Thundurus will be appearing for the first time in five-star raids.
- Mega-Evolved Manectric—otherwise known as Mega Manectric—will be making its Pokémon GO debut in Mega Raids! Mega Houndoom and Mega Abomasnow will also be appearing in Mega Raids at this time.
- You’ll have a higher chance of receiving Evolution items when opening Gifts during the event period!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team