Thanks for all your efforts campaigning and voting for the Pokémon you wanted to be featured in the September and October Community Day events. We’re thrilled to announce that Porygon, the Virtual Pokémon, will be the featured Pokémon this month! Maybe it was programmed to be popular! More details about September Community Day can be found below, and stay tuned for more information on October Community Day.
Date + Time
Sunday, September 20, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Porygon will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Evolve Porygon2 (the evolved form of Porygon) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Porygon-Z that knows Tri Attack. This will be the first time this attack will be available in Pokémon GO. In Trainer Battles, Tri Attack has a chance of lowering the opposing Pokémon’s Attack and Defense.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase September Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring an Elite Fast TM, three Incense, six Lucky Eggs, and 30 Ultra Balls.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the September Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Decoding Porygon. Work alongside Professor Willow as he learns all about Porygon—a Pokémon made completely out of programming code—and its subsequent Evolutions.
Stay tuned for when tickets for the Decoding Porygon Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- 3× Catch XP
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
Earn items needed to evolve Porygon and Porygon2!
Leading up to and during September Community Day, be on the lookout for the following opportunities to earn the items needed to evolve Porygon and Porygon2.
- During the Mega Battle Challenge event week from Friday, September 11, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, September 17, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, all Trainers can earn an Upgrade and a Sinnoh Stone by completing the event’s Timed Research.
- On September 20, all Trainers can earn up to three Upgrades and three Sinnoh Stones by completing Timed Research tasks.
- Trainers who purchase a ticket for the September Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Decoding Porygon, can earn an Upgrade and a Sinnoh Stone by completing that Special Research.
Let’s GO, Porygon fans!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team