After listening to your feedback, we have made the following changes to Mega Evolution.
- The Mega Energy requirement to Mega Evolve a Pokémon that has already Mega Evolved before has decreased.
- The amount of Mega Energy that Trainers receive from winning Mega Raids has increased.
Here are a few adjustments that we’re working on implementing.
- Walking with your buddy to earn Mega Energy
- More ways to earn Mega Energy through research tasks and other gameplay
- Earning bonus Candy when catching Pokémon that share a type with your Mega-Evolved Pokémon
Thank you for your feedback as we continue to update this feature. Stay tuned—we’ll share more information on the ongoing development process.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team