We were thrilled to see how many Trainers enjoyed the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event! And we’re excited to announce that we’ll be holding another Pokémon GO Tour event, this time celebrating Johto!
Pokémon GO Tour: Johto will also be accompanied with an in-person event experience in some areas!
Pokémon GO Tour: Johto
Celebrate Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver in a whole new way! In the ticketed version of Pokémon GO Tour: Johto, Trainers will choose between the Gold Version and Silver Version event experiences, each with version-exclusive Pokémon! Complete event-exclusive Special Research, and test your Pokémon-collection skills to receive an encounter with Celebi with a special move when caught during the event. Trading with a friend who chose the other version will be important, just like in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver!
After completing the Pokémon GO Tour: Johto Special Research, Trainers will be able to access an exclusive Masterwork Research line. Stay tuned for more details on this difficult and rewarding research.
Tickets are now live for the global event! Stay tuned for more details on when tickets for the in-person event goes live. If you purchase a Pokémon GO Tour: Johto ticket by the following dates, then you’ll also receive access to the Season of Heritage’s January and February Timed Research!
- Purchase by Monday, January 10, 2022 local time, to get both the January and February Timed Research.
- Purchase by Thursday, February 10, 2022 local time, to get only the February Timed Research.
Read on for more details about Pokémon GO Tour: Johto!
Date + Time
On Saturday, February 26, 2022, from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. local time, the global event will be live! In addition to the free experience, Trainers can purchase a ticket for the exclusive ticketed experience.
On Sunday, February 27, 2022, Trainers will be able to participate in an in-person event at a few select locations! As an homage to the end of the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver games, Trainers will take the next step in their journey with the appearance of Pokémon from the Kanto region. Stay tuned for more information!
Pokémon GO Tour: Johto ticketed-experience features
Will you choose Gold Version or Silver Version? You must choose before the event begins, and you won’t be able to change your version later, so choose wisely! Tickets are US$11.99 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency, plus any applicable taxes and fees)†.
Regardless of version selection, all ticket holders will be able to experience the following during Pokémon GO Tour: Johto.
- All Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region will be appearing in the wild, will be appearing in raids, will be appearing in encounters after research tasks, will be attracted to Incense, will hatch from Eggs, will be available via trading with friends, or will be obtainable via Evolution during this time.
- You’ll be able to complete event-exclusive Special Research, leading to an encounter with the Mythical Pokémon, Celebi. Make sure to catch Celebi during the event for a special move.
- Once you complete the Special Research line, you’ll be able to access a second exclusive Masterwork Research story, intended to be worked on over a long period of time. This will test your skills as a Trainer
- All Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region will be available in their Shiny forms, some of them for the first time in Pokémon GO! This includes the featured Unown (G, O, T, U, R, and J) which will appear when using incense.In addition, you’ll be more likely to encounter certain Shiny Pokémon in the wild depending on the event version you selected. Check out the version overview below for more information.
- Earn rewards and level up your Elite Collector medal by completing nine Collection Challenges!Trainers will need to catch specific Pokémon according to a theme in a limited timeframe to complete these challenges.
- Different Pokémon will be attracted to Incense.
- A free bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes will be available in the shop.
- Eggs will require one-quarter their normal Hatch Distance.
- You’ll earn twice the Candy for hatching Eggs.
- You’ll earn extra Candy when catching featured Johto Pokémon
- You’ll get up to nine free Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms.
- You’ll get an exclusive in-game medal to commemorate the event.
- Take a snapshot for a surprise!
- You’ll be able to get special stickers by spinning PokéStops and purchasing them in the in-game shop.
Pokémon GO Tour: Johto non ticketed features
The following features will be available to all Trainers during the event, regardless of whether they purchase a ticket!
- Some Pokémon originally discovered in Johto will be appearing in the wild, appearing in raids, and hatching from 7 km Eggs. Some Pokémon originally discovered in Johto that are usually exclusive to certain regions in the world will also be appearing in raids worldwide.
- Pokémon such as Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Togepi will be hatching from 2 km Eggs you receive by spinning PokéStops.
- You’ll be able to complete Timed Research related to Trainer Battles.
Gold Version or Silver Version?
Pokémon GO Tour: Johto will feature different versions of the ticketed experience, each with version-exclusive Pokémon. To complete the event’s Collection Challenges, you’ll need to trade with friends who have the other event version.
Version-exclusive Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during event hours. Additionally, you’ll have a greater chance of encountering certain Shiny Pokémon depending on which version you choose, as outlined below.
Once you choose your event version, you can’t change it, so pick carefully! Note that you’ll pick your version closer to the event date, so don’t worry about choosing right now.
- Gold Version–exclusive Pokémon: Spinarak, Gligar, Teddiursa, and Mantine will be attracted to Incense.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Spinarak, Igglybuff, Natu, Hoppip, Sunkern, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Gligar, Shuckle, Teddiursa, Swinub, Mantine, and Ho-Oh.
- Silver Version–exclusive Pokémon: Ledyba, Delibird, Skarmory, and Phanpy will be attracted to Incense.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Ledyba, Cleffa, Sudowoodo, Hoppip, Yanma, Pineco, Delibird, Skarmory, Houndour, Phanpy, Miltank, Larvitar, and Lugia.
First-ever Pokémon GO Tour in-person event experience
As your Johto journey winds down, Trainers in a few select cities will be able to continue celebrating with a special step back into Kanto event on Sunday, February 27, 2022. This optional event experience is completely separate from the main Pokémon GO Tour: Johto event. You can choose to participate in both the global event and the in-person one, or just one of them. The choice is yours! Remember the adventures in Pokémon GO Tour: Johto can only be experienced on February 26, 2022.
We’re thrilled to bring the excitement of Pokémon GO Tour to life. Global locations and ticket information are coming soon.
†Tickets will be available for purchase in the in-app shop for USD $11.99 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency, plus any applicable taxes and fees). Tickets cannot be purchased with PokéCoins. Tickets to this event are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service).
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team