Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto is almost here! To help you prepare, we’ve put together some tips on how to make the most out of your event experience.
Ticket holders, here’s what you need to know.
- Version selection: Your adventure will begin after choosing either Red Version or Green Version of the event. Not sure which to pick? Check out our blog here for more info on what makes each one unique.
- Collection Challenges: Once you begin the event, you’ll gain access to 10 Collection Challenges, and they’ll remain available until Sunday, February 28, 2021, at 7:59 p.m local time.
- Special Research: When you begin your Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto adventure, make sure to tap on the Special Research icon after Professor Willow appears in order to claim your new Special Research. Once you do, it can be completed at any time during or after the event.
- Masterwork Research: After finishing the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto Special Research, you’ll be granted access to a new, more challenging type of research: Masterwork Research! Masterwork Research is designed to be completed over a long period of time, and the first story—All-in-One #151—will result in an encounter with Shiny Mew!
- Free items: Be sure to claim the free item bundles in the shop to give yourself a boost on your adventure! These item bundles are included with your ticket and will grant you three Remote Raid Passes and 200 Poké Balls.
- Extra daily Raid Passes: Claim up to nine daily Raid Passes during event hours.
- Incense: Incense will attract version-exclusive Pokémon during the event, so make sure to use it!
- Social media: Share photos on Twitter or Instagram using #PokemonGOTour, and you may see them featured in-app during the event!
No ticket? No worries!
All Trainers will be able to enjoy the following during the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event.
- Featured Trainer characters will be appearing as GO Tour Challengers during the event. Find and battle them at PokéStops to complete event-exclusive Timed Research and earn rewards!
- Evolve certain Pokémon during the event to get a Pokémon that knows an exclusive attack.
- Evolve Ivysaur—the Evolution of Bulbasaur—to get a Venusaur that knows Frenzy Plant.
- Evolve Wartortle—the Evolution of Squirtle—to get a Blastoise that knows Hydro Cannon.
- Evolve Charmeleon—the Evolution of Charmander—to get a Charizard that knows Blast Burn.
- Event hours themed after locations from the Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green games will be occurring during the event. Check out the schedule here.
- Turn up that audio! Each location-themed hour will feature music inspired by Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, created by those games’ original composer, Junichi Masuda!
Have questions? Check out this Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto FAQ.
Tickets are still available! You can pick one up in the shop and join your fellow Trainers. Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team