Which journey will you choose? Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto ticket holders will be able to choose their event version soon!
It’s almost time for Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto ticket holders to select their event version! Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto starts on Saturday, February 20, 2021, and ticket holders have until the end of the event to choose between Red Version or Green Version. When opening the app, you’ll be prompted to pick a version before you can participate.
You can read more about the event, how to purchase a ticket, and the differences between the two versions in our blog post from back in December. Below is a summary of the version differences to help you choose which adventure you’d like to embark on!
- Red Version–Exclusive Pokémon: Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther, and Electabuzz will be attracted to Incense.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Ekans, Pikachu, Nidoran♀, Oddish, Diglett, Mankey, Growlithe, Ponyta, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Hitmonlee, Lickitung, Scyther, Electabuzz, Eevee, Kabuto, and Dratini.
- Green Version–Exclusive Pokémon: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir will be attracted to Incense.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran♂, Vulpix, Meowth, Psyduck, Bellsprout, Geodude, Exeggcute, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Tangela, Horsea, Magmar, Pinsir, Eevee, Omanyte, and Dratini.
Now that you know the differences between Red Version and Green Version, it’s decision time! Once you choose your event version, you can’t change it, so pick carefully! To choose your event version, follow the instructions below.
- Open your Item Bag.
- Tap your Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto ticket to bring up the selection pop-up.
- This selection pop-up will prompt you to tap either Choose Red or Choose Green.
- After selecting your version, you’ll be asked to tap YES to confirm. You can’t change your event version once you’ve confirmed your choice, so pick carefully!
So what’ll it be, Trainers? Red or Green? Let us know on social media with #PokemonGOTour! Your very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits! Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team