Everything you need to know before Pokémon GO Tour: Johto!
Pokémon GO Tour: Johto is almost here! To help you prepare, we’ve put together some info on what you can expect during the event.
Ticket holders, here’s what you need to know.
- Version selection: Your adventure will begin after choosing either the Gold Version or the Silver Version of the event. Not sure which to pick? Check out our blog here for more info on what makes each one unique.
- Collection Challenges: Once you begin the event, you’ll gain access to 10 Collection Challenges, and they’ll remain available until the end of the event.
- Special Research: When you begin your Pokémon GO Tour: Johto adventure, make sure to tap on the Special Research icon after Professor Willow appears in order to claim your new Special Research. Once you do, it can be completed at any time during or after the event.
- Masterwork Research: After finishing the Pokémon GO Tour: Johto Special Research, you’ll be granted access to new Masterwork Research! Masterwork Research is designed to be completed over a long period of time, and completing this particular set of research will result in an encounter with Apex Shadow Lugia and Apex Shadow Ho-Oh!
- Free items: A free item bundle that includes three Remote Raid Passes will be available in the shop. Make sure to claim it to give yourself a boost on your adventure!
- Extra daily Raid Passes: Claim up to nine daily Raid Passes during event hours by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms.
- Incense: Incense will attract version-exclusive Pokémon during the event, so make sure to use it!
- Social media: Share photos on Twitter or Instagram using #PokemonGOTour, and you may see them featured in-game during the event!
- Stickers: With special stickers available from PokéStops and Gifts, it’s easier than ever to share your adventures with your friends!
No ticket? No worries!
All Trainers will be able to enjoy the following during Pokémon GO Tour: Johto.
- Winners of the #PokemonGOTourContest contest will be appearing as GO Gym Trainers during the event. Find and battle them at PokéStops to complete event-exclusive Timed Research and earn rewards!
- Evolve certain Pokémon during the event to get a Pokémon that knows a featured attack.
- Evolve Eevee to get an Espeon that knows Last Resort. You will not be required to adventure with Eevee as your buddy ahead of time during the event.
- Evolve Eevee to get an Umbreon that knows Last Resort. You will not be required to adventure with Eevee as your buddy ahead of time during the event.
- Evolve Bayleef—the Evolution of Chikorita—to get a Meganium that knows Frenzy Plant.
- Evolve Quilava—the Evolution of Cyndaquil—to get a Typhlosion that knows Blast Burn.
- Evolve Croconaw—the Evolution of Totodile—to get a Feraligatr that knows Hydro Cannon.
- Evolve Flaaffy—the Evolution of Mareep—to get an Ampharos that knows Dragon Pulse.
- Evolve Skiploom—the Evolution of Hoppip—to get a Jumpluff that knows Acrobatics.
- Evolve Piloswine—the Evolution of Swinub—to get a Mamoswine that knows Ancient Power.
- Evolve Pupitar—the Evolution of Larvitar—to get a Tyranitar that knows Smack Down.
- Trainers will be able to complete up to six Special Trades during the event.
- Event hours that are themed after locations from the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver games will be occurring during the event. Check out the schedule here.
- Turn up that audio! You can look forward to three new pieces of featured music inspired by Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver, composed by the producer/director of the Pokémon game series (who also handles music production), Junichi Masuda!
- Lugia Jacket and Ho-Oh Jacket avatar items will be available to purchase in the in-game shop during the event, and will continue to be available after the event ends!
Have questions? Check out this Pokémon GO Tour: Johto FAQ.
Tickets are still available! You can pick one up in the in-game shop and join your fellow Trainers. Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team