Inkay and Malamar make their Pokémon GO debuts during the Psychic Spectacular!
As we hinted at in our September events blog, two Pokémon will be making their Pokémon GO debuts during this year’s Psychic Spectacular event: Inkay, the Revolving Pokémon, and Malamar, the Overturning Pokémon!
Date + Time
Wednesday, September 8, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, September 13, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Inkay and its Evolution, Malamar, will be making their Pokémon GO debuts! Inkay will evolve only under unique circumstances. Trainers who have journeyed through the Kalos region in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y may have an inkling as to what those circumstances might be!
- The next part of the Season of Mischief Special Research story, Misunderstood Mischief, will unlock. Something’s got Psychic-type Pokémon all worked up, and they’re appearing more often in the wild! Sounds like the perfect opportunity to learn more about them. You never know—we might learn more about Hoopa as well!
- Psychic-type Pokémon like Abra, Drowzee, Gothita, Solosis, and more will be appearing more frequently in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter others like Elgyem and Inkay.
- Psychic-type Pokémon will be appearing in raids throughout the event.
- Staryu (which evolves into the Psychic-type Pokémon Starmie), Chimecho, Bronzor, Espurr, and Inkay will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Alolan Raichu, Wobbuffet, Medicham, and Metagross will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Lugia will continue to appear in five-star raids.
- Mega Slowbro will continue to appear in Mega Raids.
- By completing themed Field Research tasks, you can encounter event-themed Pokémon like Woobat, Inkay, and more.
- Take a snapshot once a day for a surprise!
- You’ll be able to get new stickers inspired by Psychic-type Pokémon by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team