Countdown to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto—celebrate the Sinnoh region with us!
As we approach Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto, we’ll be spending some time highlighting other regions in the world of Pokémon. We’ve already shared our plans for the Unova Celebration event, and today we’re excited to announce that Sinnoh will be the next region featured in our countdown celebration!
Date + Time
Tuesday, January 12, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, January 17, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bidoof, Cranidos, Shieldon, Combee, Buizel, Drifloon, Glameow, Purugly, Hippopotas, Skorupi, and Snover will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Buizel!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Kricketot, Budew, Cranidos, Shieldon, Bronzor, Bonsly, Hippopotas, and Croagunk. * Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Cranidos, Shieldon, and Buizel.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Shinx, Buizel, and Gible will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Lopunny, Hippowdon, Toxicroak, and Lumineon will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Heatran will be appearing in five-star raids.
- Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids.
- Complete the Sinnoh-themed Collection Challenge during the event by catching Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Cranidos, Shieldon, Combee, Buizel, Shadow Stunky, and Shadow Snover to receive Stardust, a Magnetic Lure, and 15 Ultra Balls. Head on over to the Today View to track your progress!
Up next: Hoenn! An event celebrating the Hoenn region will be happening from Tuesday, January 19, 2021, to Sunday, January 24, 2021. Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to the date!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team