Update: Trainers, if the global Luminous Legends Y challenge is completed, all Special Weekend participants will have their bonus increased to 4x Catch XP instead of the default 2x Catch XP!
In May, we’ll be hosting a Pokémon GO Special Weekend event in collaboration with different partners around the world: Verizon in the US, 7-Eleven Mexico in Mexico, and Yoshinoya in Japan. Trainers with an event ticket will be able to enjoy Timed Research, featured Pokémon attracted to Incense, and more!
What is Pokémon GO Special Weekend?
Special Weekend is an in-game event that you can access using an event ticket acquired from a participating Pokémon GO partner, either physically or digitally. The ticket has a code that you can redeem on our Offer Redemption website. After you redeem the ticket code, you’ll be able to participate in the Special Weekend anywhere during the event period!
Date + Time
Saturday, May 29, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, May 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
The following features will be available for Trainers that redeem an event ticket obtained from our participating partners.
The following features will be available on Saturday, May 29, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
- Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Eevee, Marill, Sableye, Stunky, Spritzee, and Swirlix will be attracted to Incense. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Eevee!
- Different Unown will be attracted to Incense depending on the participating partner in your region. (Shiny Unown will not be appearing during the event.)
- Verizon: Unown V
- 7-Eleven Mexico: Unown S
- Yoshinoya: Unown Y
The following features will be available on Saturday, May 29, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, May 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time.
- Event-exclusive Timed Research will reward encounters with Eevee, Spritzee, Swirlix, and Deino!
- Event-exclusive Timed Research will be available and reward XP, Stardust, an Incense, a Star Piece, a Lucky Egg, Spritzee Candy, and Swirlix Candy.
- You’ll have an increased chance of receiving Lucky Pokémon when you trade with a friend.
- You’ll also have an increased chance of becoming Lucky Friends when interacting with a friend during the weekend.
- You’ll earn double the XP for catching Pokémon.
- You’ll receive an exclusive medal when you redeem a ticket code on the Offer Redemption website.
Features available for all Trainers
The following bonuses will be available for all Trainers around the world—even those without an event ticket—from Friday, May 28, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, May 31, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The number of Gifts you can open daily will double.
- Trade range will be increased to 40 km!
How can I get a Pokémon GO Special Weekend ticket?
For more details on the ticket-distribution period and conditions, please visit the websites of our participating partners.
What should I do after receiving a Pokémon GO Special Weekend ticket?
You’ll be able to redeem the promotional code included on the ticket on our Offer Redemption website. Visit this help center article for more information on how to redeem promotional codes. Once you’ve redeemed your code, open Pokémon GO to receive your event-participation medal.
Let’s enjoy a Special Weekend in Pokémon GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team