Ever since we introduced Raid Battles in the summer of 2017, tens of millions of Trainers around the world have raided together to defeat and catch powerful Pokémon. In 2020, we introduced Remote Raid Passes and the ability to invite friends to raid with you from anywhere in the world. Now, in celebration of four years of Raid Battles and five years of Pokémon GO, we’re excited to announce the latest raid-related updates.
Updates to Raid Battles rolling out this summer
Raid Battles will see the following updates.
- Trainer Achievements: Complete certain actions during a raid and you may be featured afterwards!
- Art and user experience updates: Raids will look better than ever.
- Various quality-of-life updates will be implemented.
Trainer Achievements are designed to celebrate Trainers of all levels for taking part in a raid. For example, at the conclusion of a raid, Trainers who dealt the most damage or used a Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be showcased for being valuable participants in the battle.
Here’s a list of some feats that can earn you a Trainer Achievement after a raid.
- Delivering the final attack
- Dealing the most damage overall
- Keeping a single Pokémon in battle for the longest time of all participants
- Using the tallest Pokémon among all participants in battle
- Joining the raid from furthest distance
- Using a Mega-Evolved Pokémon during the battle
- Changing your avatar’s clothing or pose
- Using the most Charged Attacks of all participants
The first time you earn a Trainer Achievement, you’ll receive a medal that you can level up from bronze, to silver, and finally to gold. You can even download your Trainer Achievement Card featuring your avatar to share with your friends on social media and more.
Art and UX updates are also coming to raids, and the way Raid Battles look will be getting a makeover ahead of the summer. The stadium where Raid Battles take place will have a whole new look, and there will be other visual updates as well.
It’s going to be an action-packed summer, Trainers! Regigigas—previously available only in EX Raids and as a Special Research story encounter—will be available to encounter in five-star raids until Thursday, July 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time. Grab some friends and take on this Legendary Pokémon together! Be sure to also follow our social media channels to track the journeys of other Trainers as they take on Raid Battles and be on the lookout for more raid announcements coming soon.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team