Happy World Tourism Day! In partnership with the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), we are celebrating the first-ever World Tourism Day event in Pokémon GO! For this upcoming week, we’ll be celebrating exploration with a special in-game event.
New features starting on September 26, 2019 at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- New shirt! Check out a new United Nations World Tourism Organization T-shirt, available in the Style Shop!
- Region-limited Pokémon available in Eggs! The following Pokémon will be available in 5 km Eggs in their respective real-world regions: Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Tropius, Relicanth, Pachirisu, Mime Jr., Chatot, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Heatmor, and Durant.
- Shiny Pokémon rivals spotted! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Zangoose or a Shiny Seviper in the wild in their respective real-world regions!
- Mime Jr., the Mime Pokémon, will be making its debut in Pokémon GO! It will be available in 5 km Eggs in Europe. If you’re lucky, you might hatch a Shiny Mime Jr.!
Features from Thursday, September 26, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, October 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Decreased Stardust costs for trading! Trading Pokémon will cost 1/4 less Stardust.
- Spin PokéStops for extra XP! Earn 2× XP when you spin the Photo Discs of PokéStops you haven’t visited before.
- Specially themed Field Research tasks will be available for a limited time during this event.
Augmented-reality technology is changing the way we travel and experience new places. At Pokémon GO Fest Chicago 2019, we had visitors from 68 countries and regions. At Pokémon GO Fest Dortmund 2019, half of all visitors were international and came from 90 different countries and regions. UNWTO’s mission is to promote and support responsible, sustainable, and universally accessible tourism, and we’re so proud to be partnering with an organization who shares our values of exploration and adventure.
Keep these steps in mind when traveling to make your travels rewarding for you, the people you meet, and the places you visit—let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team